12 Skin Tips for 2012
1. See a dermatologist for a skin cancer screening. Getting an annual skin cancer screening by a Board-Certified Dermatologist takes 5 minutes and could save your life. Skin cancer is the #1 cancer of all cancers in the U.S.
2. Sunscreen counts. Apply sunscreen with an SPF 30 everyday to your face, neck, décolletage and hands! Sun protection will help prevent sun damage and photo-aging. Try Elta MD’s UV Clear or Elta MD UV Daily.
3. Clarisonic daily. Invest in a Clarisonic. Not getting your skin clean leaves dirt and environmental toxins that are harmful on your skin. Clarisonic Pro and Mia are on sale this month for 10% off!
4. Hydrate with a night cream and eye cream. Fight fine lines and wrinkles by hydrating your skin with DNA repair proteins like those found in Neocutis Resorative Biocream and Neocutis Lumiere Eye Cream or Obagi Elastiderm.
5. Use Retin-A. Retin-A or Tretinioin is a topical cream that reduces fine lines, wrinkles, reverses photo-aging, and helps rebuild collagen.
6. Get peeled. Chemical peels help exfoliate and turn over skin cells, attack blackheads, and large pores. Once a month chemical peels should be part of your skin care regimen.
7. Exfoliate. Using a physician grade cleanser with glycolic or salicylic acid like Neocutis Exfoliating Cleanser or Revisions Brightening Wash helps stimulate collagen production. Microdermabrasion monthly is also a great exfoliation routine.
8. Don’t forget your lips. Wearing a lipstick, gloss or lip balm with SPF 30 is just as important for your lips. We carry Jane Iredale Lip Drink, lip stains, and glosses.
9. Hydrate. Drinking water is essential for moisturized, glowing skin.
10. Manage stress. Exercise, mediation, and getting the proper amount of sleep all decrease stress.
11. Diet counts. Foods high in sugar and fat cause collagen breakdown.
12. Stomp out smoking. Smoking causes wrinkles and breakdown of skin elasticity and decreased healing.